Thursday, January 13, 2011

don't stop til you get enough

So here's the funny thing about this alleged home improvement blog: among the pictures and videos of our antics since my last legitimate post, I can not seem to track down the only ones that were actually about home improvement, aka the Half Ginger Drywall Party, in which Snapp, Daniel, Brian and I took a stab at hanging drywall in my craft room.  Incidentally, the craft room now has drywall (most of it) but is not much more finished than it was. this leaves me time to take new pictures (or find the existing ones?), but they will never replace the photographic evidence of Snapp using a hammer and not wounding himself or anyone else in a heretofore unexpected fit of mechanical inclination!

in the meantime, pictures of antics and my cats.



Brian began brewing his own beer, beginning with a peanut butter stout. This was from our stab at a pumpkin brown ale. The piece that looks like a meth lab is a cooling coil. It was a fun togetherness activity in which I eviscerated a pumpkin and got to lick malt extract off spoons!

In a fit of fantastic happenstance, two of my tattoo artist friends and I bought our own tattoo shop! After a month or so of hard work and renovation (mostly done by Kelly and Mike), we were proud to open Flesh Asylum Studios
  
Now it's like I have a tattoo artist that lives in my pocket! Hot! If you're really into hanging out on Blogger/Blogspot, friend the Flesh Asylum Blog

 I do still have a day job, which sometimes requires me to do not my day job, and instead carve craft pumpkins (They're made of foam, making them more durable than real pumpkins, but less delicious)! Believe it or not, the Philadelphia sports themed ones were very popular, as the Phillies were in the playoffs yet again, and Flyers fans are forever optimistic. The sugar skull one was the most fun, though!


In the quest to find a dress to wear to a friend's wedding, I spent a lot of time at our local thrift shop. This yielded a nice wool coat, a great six dollar dress for the wedding, and a fabulous 80s prom dress for twelve bucks!  This in turn spawned a halloween costume whose peripherals cost more than the outfit! There was a little bit of reasonable confusion assuming that i was Miss Argentina. I was just a plain old zombie prom queen. So here's me hanging out with Philip J. Fry and Snooki.


This guy won best costume at the party we all went to. His head opened up and was awesome.

The next morning we hit the diner to nurse our hangovers before getting gussied up again and heading out to a wedding!

Brian's beard gets more and more fabulous!

We went to an apple festival at peddler's village, where we ate all manner of apple everything!



Thanksgiving was a bit eventful. I made my first turkey, fed most of my friends, and had a horrible horrible food fight wherein Cameron got covered in whipped cream. He's for sale, by the way. Anybody want him? He's charming.

Snapp got involved too.


So thanksgiving was a success. My uncle visited in the beginning of December, and that was awesome as well. then Brian and I got on to the business of decorating. The other half of our twin did her outdoor lights, then the set of twins to our right did theirs to match one another, so I spent what felt like hours sifting through light sets trying to find ones that would coordinate with our neighbor. Our efforts were rewarded; between that and the benefit of employee appreciation weekend at a craft store, Brian and I soon had the halls and several other parts of the house decked. Those pictures? I think they're lost with the drywall photos.

Cameron curled up under the tree like a puppy.


 The Bear Ambulance family Santa photo!


We had a small, uneventful holiday!

New year's eve was spent like usual, at the bar down the street from our house. The next day we took the train down into the city to see the Mummers! Having lived less than two hours from Philadelphia my entire life, I now feel that missing the mummers all these years is utterly unforgivable.


Look at all those sequins!

Then we had a winter barbecue. The weather made the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment